Meindl boots have been handcrafted by the same family for over 300 years. These quality boots and shoes are made to last. If you’re browsing our boots you’ll find references to the technical features below. Here are the more detailed explanations to help you decide on the best boot for you.
Memory Foam System (MFS)
Memory foam adapts perfectly to the shape of the foot under body heat and pressure. You’ll find memory foam in the uppers of a boot, and in the Soft Print foam in the footbed.
The combination of materials on these boots makes all the difference to the comfort of your feet. Special foam padding reaches as far as the toe area to guarantee a perfect fit. The MFS Vakuum foam adapts exactly, and without pressure, to any shape of foot in the ankle, cuff and tongue areas. It extends to the flex point of the boot, to make sure it is enclosed snugly and softly. There is a seamless Gore-Tex lining at the heel.
Meindl Multigriff and Multigrip soles
These soles are characterised by three features:
1. The cleat at the front of the heel projects forward – it provides more bite and grip.
2. The tread has an open angle, so that it self-cleans as you walk.
3. The cleats in the centre of the sole make sure that the tread grips in all directions.
Variofix 3 Lacing System
This lacing system provides a perfect fit. In the heel area, the Variofix system that runs around the heel provides good heel security. When lacing, the free running wire – a ‘speed wire’ – is pulled in closely and evenly around the heel. This provides improved stability and support.
Air Revolution Technology
The innovation for optimal climate comfort in boots. The tongue adjacent to the foot is a combination of 3D mesh and a permanently perforated foam. The Air Revolution tongue extends above the top of the boot and facilitates air circulation. The tongue is fixed at specific points on the inner of the boot, in order to help air circulation.
A Comfort fit shoe or boot has more space at the front of the foot with a firm grip at the heel. Your foot stands on a wider base, and the more defined contour of the sole enables an easier walking motion. The other features of a comfort fit include:
1. More room for the toes and extra volume.
2. More width at the flexpoint and straight alignment of the instep, giving more room for the big toe.
3. Wider stance due to a wider sole unit.
4. Perfect fit from the snug heel fit.
Comfort Fit cork insole
The insoles of a Comfort Fit shoe or boot have three key features:
They are cork, with a poron shock absorber.
Their top sheets are cambrelle and fleece.
They have integrated cushioning, for the metatarsal head.
These shoes and boots are ideal for moderate and warmer climates. They have an innovative open sole construction. They’re visibly breathable and durably waterproof.
Children’s Meindl shoes
There are 7 technical features found in our children’s shoes:
1. Removable Best Fit footbed for a perfect fit.
2. Soft cuff for a comfortable and secure hold.
3. Special children’s last guarantees plenty of space for toes.
4. Grippy sole provides stability and security.
5. Reflectors increase visibility.
6. Impact protection withstands even the highest demands.
7. Heel cup for good foot positioning.